My Yeo-jeong

This is a blog to record my yeo-jeong (journey) towards becoming an intern abroad and studying abroad.

Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a junior student at University of South Florida majoring in International Studies and getting a certificate in Asian Studies.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Back log: 2/8/06

Monday, during my 15 minute break at work, I went to the Study Abroad Fair. Japan wasn't there, but there was a booth about being a Global Ambassader. Sounded interesting, so I went to an information session today. I'm not as interested now. I would have to pay for everything and find my own housing. Sounded like a lot of work and trouble.

Guess that means I'm going to be sticking with a summer internship with the federal government. Looked up information on it again. Found out that my deadline for interning next summer ('07,) which is when I want to, is this November ('06.) Getter start working on it now. I need to talk to my advisor and find out what credit I can get from this internship and what scholarships he might know of.

Interning is definately my first choice, but I would love to be able to study abroad in Japan, too, if possible. Maybe if I got anough scholarships for it I could. I would have to go Fall '07 or Spring '08. Spring would be preferable, but (credit-wise) I should be graduating Spring '08 and you can't go abroad for your last semester. I could just work it out so I had one class left or something for that summer. Of course, all of this is mainly wishful thinking on my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home