My Yeo-jeong

This is a blog to record my yeo-jeong (journey) towards becoming an intern abroad and studying abroad.

Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a junior student at University of South Florida majoring in International Studies and getting a certificate in Asian Studies.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Application. Check.

So I turned in my application to the USF study abroad office last Monday, all completed. The deadline isn't until February 15th and Rene, my study abroad adviser, said it'll take 2-3 weeks to get through all of the applications, so I shouldn't expect any answers for another month or so. All I can do is wait until then. I hate waiting.

But I'm so excited! Now that I turned in my application, it feels more real, a more solid venture. Rene made it sound like (unless I was totally misinterpreting him, which is totally possible) I was pretty much guaranteed into the program. Everyone here wants to go to Japan. Well, not /everyone/, but a huge stack of people want to go to Japan. And almost no one wants to go to Korea. So, by lack of other applicants, I have a really good chance of being accepted and if I'm accepted here I'm going.

The amount of interest in Korea would probably be different if there were Korean language classes and cultural and history classes on Korea, but we don't have anything on Korea. I don't even think Korea was really talked about in the Asia class that was offered last semester. That's alright though, for now. It just means that I have better chances of being able to go.

Hye-jin, a Korean friend of mine that was at USF for the ELI program, visited the school yesterday. That made me happy because I hadn't seen her since last semester. She asked me about my progress and I told her. She said that she had already talked to her parents about a friend of hers (aka me) coming to Korea and that she wanted me to be able to stay the night at their house for a few days. I felt loved. <3

I have two months free in between the two semesters and I haven't figured out what I'm going to do then. My mom wants me to come back, but I kind of want to take advantage of me being over there and go visit other Asian countries. Either way, it's going to cost money. Money sucks. I don't know if I mentioned that before. Or rather, I should say, having to have money sucks. But, yeah, still trying to think of what I should do during that time. I haven't thought about it too hard yet, though, because I don't want to jinx myself on this trip by planning for things before I get accepted. Just have to wait for a month. I just keep telling myself that.

And smiling whenever I think about it. ^_^

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home