My Yeo-jeong

This is a blog to record my yeo-jeong (journey) towards becoming an intern abroad and studying abroad.

Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a junior student at University of South Florida majoring in International Studies and getting a certificate in Asian Studies.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Waiting.

Yeah, so the deadline is only two days away. I'm a *huge* procrastinator (as my friends and family can attest to,) so it's really weird to have to wait for a deadline. At least I won't have to wait for that much longer. Then I'll just have to wait until they make an official decision and inform me of it.

Have I mentioned before that I hate waiting?

Since I can't really do anything more until I get the okay from the USF Study Abroad office, I have to wait. I'm very superstitious about jinxing things, so I feel like I can't really make any plans or think too much about possible plans until they say I am accepted. I know, very silly, but that's me.

I have been thinking about it a little bit. I would like to go to Japan at some point, probably not until January (unless Kristen goes to Japan in the fall.) I would also love to shadow in the embassy at Seoul for at least a few days. I thought, since I have 2 months, or 8 weeks, of free time I might be able to apply to intern there, but during the school year they want a full semester and even in the summer they want a minimum of 10 weeks. Since it's only at the Seoul Embassy that I would want to intern at, I thought that I might email Seoul directly (once I get accepted *knock on wood*) and see if I could shadow or intern or something there. It would be great if they said that I could, though I know, it being governmental, that instead they'll either say no, I can't or that I have to go through normal channels and just apply to be an intern through the State Dept. and that's the only way to get in. Well, I can hope.

Of course I can't do anything until I hear back from Rene and the Study Abroad office. So, like I have been doing, all I can do is wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home