My Yeo-jeong

This is a blog to record my yeo-jeong (journey) towards becoming an intern abroad and studying abroad.

Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

I'm a junior student at University of South Florida majoring in International Studies and getting a certificate in Asian Studies.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

3/4/07

I got my acceptance letter! It came in the mail yesterday. I'm so happy! ^_^ Now I have two weeks in which to fill out Yonsei's Global Village application, sign the study abroad contract, and get my $500 out of the bank.

The application is what I really have to worry about. Along with the application, I have to send them 2 letters of recommendation (from my academic adviser and from the director of the Study Abroad office), a physical done by a physician, and an interview sheet.

Apparently when I read over the application before, I missed the part where it states that one of the letters is supposed to come from my academic adviser. I had planned on just have my Japanese teacher adjust his previous letter so it could be used for the Yonsei application. I emailed him tonight, but I feel bad and like I am not properly presenting myself to him, because he has less than two weeks to write it for me.

I am going to call or visit the Student Health Center tomorrow to see if I can get a physical from them. If not, I'll have to ask my mom where I should go. Since I became an adult I have not had a permanent physician. Hopefully I can just go to the SHC and one of their doctors can give me the physical.

Tomorrow I am going to visit the Study Abroad office and see if I can meet with Rene. I have a couple questions about the rest of the process. I also want to ask him about the letter, if it really does have to be from my academic adviser or if I could have sensei do it. Along with that I need to ask him about the interview sheet and who/when/what I need to do to get it finished.

Friday I got a call from HyeJin! I was so surprised. My cellphone rang and I looked at the number. I didn't recognize it and almost didn't answer it, but then I realized it was an out-of-the-country number. I did and HyeJin was on the other line! She asked about study abroad news (along with other things,) but I hadn't heard anything yet at that time. I was planning on calling her back once I heard, but then I pictured her parents answering and me trying to communicate with them and so I voted against calling. I'm going to have to email her later, when I'm not at work. ^^;

I'm going to be busy tomorrow. I'll try and keep y'all posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home